Saturday, February 9, 2013

Reno, Nevada


Family and Friends!

I'm sorry but this is going to be a little short! Although a lot has happened this week! First thing was TRC.... That was quite a special experience. Usually we love TRC but this week we had to teach someone who had personal history with my companion so he wasn’t very nice to us! But we learned a valuable lesson that you have to love everyone you teach even if they aren’t very nice and really try to rely on the Lord to get you through it. We were very happy when it was over but it was definitely something I won’t forget! And our teacher stuck up for us so that was cool!

Sunday was super awesome! We had Elder Don Clarke speak to us and he talked about how important reactivating less actives is. He had everyone in the auditorium who had a family member or close friend who was inactive stand up and it was literally almost the whole room. It was sad but it made you think that there are so many people praying that someone will reach out to their loved ones and how we as missionaries can be those people. It was a really awesome talk and it made me realize more what my purpose as a missionary is and how I can really live that purpose and let it be a part of who I am.

Yesterday we had our In-field orientation. It was pretty much a full day of different workshops where they prepare you to go into the field. I learned so much about how to be effective in my goals and using key indicators. Also how faith plays a role in how I teach. It made me really excited to leave! And actually start being a missionary! A little fun thing, at the end of the day they put on a little play about some missionaries and while we were waiting to come in one of the Brothers came and asked us sisters if any of us were theatrically inclined and of course all my friends pointed at me! haha I'm glad I got to do it though! It was super fun! I was this super bubbly over the top Relief Society President. It was funny I really enjoyed getting to do something like that! It was awesome!

Finally and probably the most exciting part of the week was getting my reassignment! I leave on Tuesday 6 am for the Reno, Nevada mission! I am so excited to go out and teach the people! I get to go with 3 other missionaries from my district who are all going to Sao Paulo South so it should be really fun! I know that the lord needs me here for a reason and although I do wish it was a little farther from home I  am just excited to go and teach people no matter where they live. I can't believe I only have a couple more days here at the MTC. I really have loved my experience here. My teachers, my branch, the other missionaries, the general environment has just been so awesome. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to come here. And although it would have been nice to get my visa I wouldn’t have it any other way. Teaching the Lord’s gospel is the best thing ever. I love learning new things every day and being able to grow! Next time I write I'll be in my new area! Pray for me that I’ll be able to adjust well! I love you all so much and thank you for all the love and support!

AMO VOCES!

Sister Schwitters


Me and elder vanwagenen goofin in the laundry room
 
 


Some peeps
 
 


Okay so this picture was sitting on the sharing shelf in our residence and I was looking at it and I looked at one of the missionaries in it and Elder Bennett who served in the YSA ward was totally in the picture! Then I looked at the back and it said departing missionaries Oakland Mission! ahahah sooo random right! One of the sisters who served in mom and dads ward was in it to! It was weird!
 
 


Elder Smith! He was a really fun guy! Miss him!
 
 


Me and Elder Olsen are really excited to leave! haha
 
 


Another of me and Elder Vanwagenen



JONESY!!!!!!!
 
 


Sayin bye to Elder Wadsworth!



All the sisters from our branch!
 
 


Sister Bailey, she was my coordinating Sister!
 
 


Ginez and Lesuear! They were fun Elders!
 
 


Elder Olsen
 
 


So when our teacher writes us notes on the board he sometimes draws little pictures of himself. We think its pretty funny! haha
 
 


ELDER BARTON! He was awesome! Him and his brother were in the same district. This is Baby barton! ;)
 
 


Elder Goff is tall! haha



Me and Elder Farr
 
 


This is Elder Curl, he was super quite but me and Sister Davis tried to get him to talk
 to us all the time!!



They are silly, this is what happens when I ask them to take a picture with me...haha
 
 


 I dont really know whats happening...haha
 
 


This is Big Elder Barton! I don't really know whats up with his face!
 


Elder Baker! We could be related!
 
 


Elder Cox! He was another goof ball!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment