So I guess the most exciting thing that happened this week was......
I GOT MY VISA!!!!! I'm sure a lot of you already know because it was on facebook but if not I'll be on a plane Monday the 18th headed for Sao Paulo!!! I am so incredibly excited! But also super nervous, the whole speaking Portuguese has become all the more real and its pretty scary. But I am confident with hard work and trusting in the Lord I will be fine. I know this is where I'm suppose to be and if I couldn't handle learning the language I wouldn't have been called there.
As happy as I am to go to Brazil I am actually pretty sad to leave Elko and the Reno mission. The people here are so awesome. I have had such an amazing time here. Even though it was only 5 weeks I wouldn't have it any other way. I have met so many wonderful people and learned so much from the different missionaries, ward members and people. The ones I have been able to teach have been so incredible with such a desire to do the will of the Lord. I'm really inspired by everyone here! It's a great area and I know with all my heart that this was where I was supposed to be in this moment in time!
So next Sunday at 7:30 in the morning I have my first baptism! Kind of a weird time but that's just how it worked out. It'll be the last thing I do before I leave which is awesome. I know I say it all the time but I am so excited for Ben! He is so awesome and working so hard to make changes in his life! And he is so sweet, he totally gave us some chocolate bunnies the other day, they were delish! I am so proud of him and his desire to do what is right! I am sad to leave the other people we are teaching but I trust that Sister Anderson will continue helping them and that they will be able to do the things that will help them in their lives.
So lastly I'll share a sweet experience that we had yesterday! After church a couple of the Stake Presidents were having a meeting with the Mission President and the Area Authority. We happened to be around when they were having lunch so President Hermansen introduced us to the area authority. We went on with our day and we had to come back to the church for a random reason and as we were leaving Elder Keel(sp?) came up to our car and said we were an answer to his prayer! He said he had someone he wanted us to contact right then and that after meeting us earlier he really felt like we needed to be the first ones to contact him. woah... So it ended up being a guy who worked at the gas station he was filling up at! (PMG principle "Talk with everyone" haha) So he went down with us and we talked to him! It was awesome! And so inspired that we were there at exactly the right moment! I love little tender mercies like that. You can really see the Lord's hand in missionary work! Its amazing!
Well I'm excited for my last week in Elko, we have a lot planned so it should be awesome! The next time you hear from me it will be from Brazil!! AHHH!!
ALSO! I just found out that missionaries are now allowed to email family AND FRIENDS! So anyone can email me and I will email you back! Most likely if I have time... But my email is shaelie.schwitters@myldsmail.net I will also let you know my address as soon as I have it if anyone wants to write regular letters! I look forward to hearing from some of you! Thank you all for your love and support! BRAZIL HERE I COME!!!
Com muito amor,
Sister Schwitters
Random tree with a face! gotta love Elko! haha
We had a sweet zone birthday party after district meetings for Sister Boots! It was super fun! :D So this is my zone, we are pretty much the best zone in the district! ;) I love them all they are way awesome, I will definitely miss them all!!! :)
This is me and Sister Boots (The birthday girl!)
Our investigator (being baptized on sunday!!!! ) gave us these chocolate rabbits! They were so yummy!!!!! He is the best!
Good ole Ben! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment