Friday, June 21, 2013

20 References

        So this has been a good week! On Wednesday we had a zone meeting and they gave us a lot of good counsel and challenges! President has really asked us to look at the Padroẽs of excelencia! And try to make these our goals! In specific he has challenged us to get 20 references every week! This is definitely a big challenge but I am excited and I know that this is one of the ways that we can have the most success, with the help of the members! Another goal we were given was to have more ''conversations'' with people or ''contacts'' But actually talk with people we see in the street and with knocking on doors. This is a big part of the work here that we are sempre opening our mouths and talking with evryone we see. In the beginning this was really hard for me. I think mostly becuase I couldnt really speak portugues but now I think its kinda fun! I like knocking doors more then talking to people in the street becuase they seem to walk really fast and sometimes its awkward just to stop in front of them or something! But I like it! You never know who needs the gospel in there lives at this very moment.

        The other day we had a great experience, we were walking and knocking on doors when the woman we were talking to said that a member of our church lived down the street. I didn't know of anyone active so we went to check it out. She turned out to be a menos ativo that wasn't on our ward list so we never would have found her if it wasn't for this woman. You can definitly always see the Lords hand in the work that we are doing its awesome!
       We are working really hard to find new investigators! I think these new goals are really going to help us do that. So keep praying that we can find the people that God has prepared to hear the message of the restoration! :)
     I hope everyone is doing great! I think about you guys often and am always praying for you. Being a missionary is absolutely amazing. Today I was studying in the Book of Mormon about strong missionaries and some of the things that they did! I was really inspiried and one of the things I noticed with all of them was dilligence. This is one thing I am working on right now. Always being dilligent and using my time effectively! I know that I will be blessed as these missionaries were for my efforts!
I love you and hope that the fathers out there had a great fathers day on sunday!
Perseverar até o fim!!! :D
Oh and next week I am going to the temple so I wont write until Tuesday! Have a great week! :) Até mais!
Sister Schwitters

Waiting for the crazy rain to stop! We forgot our umbrellas! Luckily a porteiro let us into an apartment building
so we didn't get soaked!
 
 
 
 
All girls lunch!! These Irmãs are so good to us!
My mothers away from home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment