Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's My Birthday!!!!!

        Sorry about my lack of email last week it was kind of a crazy day and I didn't have time to write anything! haha but it was a really good day and it's been a great couple weeks! For Sister Larsons last week on the mission we tried to do alot of cool things and really make it special! We taught alot of people and spent time with the members of our ward strengthening them. We had a surprise party and ate mexican food! It was really fun. At our last district meeting they had a little birthday party for me it was fun! One of the Elders bought a little cake and candles and sang. It was fun!
      
       On saturday we had Rita's baptism! It was so special! She is an amazing person and I was so happy to be able to be a part of it. She was baptized by her husbad and the spirit was so strong! This is going to be an amazing change in her life! We also performed a little musical number. Sister Larson played the piano and I sang. It was really cool. We sang Nearer My God to Thee. I was happy to be able to do that for her! (Yes I recoreded this one so when I get the thing back I'll send it to you!)

       As for my birthday it was a really fun day! I don't think I've had Happy Birthday sang to me this many times in my whole life! It was kind of rediculous! I was really happy that it fell on a pday because we could actually do fun things! After we got all Sister Larson's stuff packed up we headed to the aquarium. It was really fun they had some interesting stuff there! It was a decent size and the fish were different. We were with quite a few members of our ward that I love so it helped make the day really special. After we went and had lunch in the Mercado Municipal in Sao paulo. Its pretty much this giant market with fruit and meat and different foods and on the second floor they have a bunch of restaurants. It was cool. After it was time to drop Sister Larson off at the escritorio, she had a dinner with Presidnet Tanner and all the other missionaries leaving. There were two other sisters leaving so me and thier companions, Sister Standland and Sister Santos, had a little sleepover in my area. It was super fun because they are great sisters! We had a family night at Lena's house she made me real american brownies (they dont eat those here) and they were so yummy! The sisters were jealous that my area has such good cooks! haha So it was a really special day. I'm glad I got to spend it here and do cool stuff!

         Then came transfers, what a bitter sweet day. I had to say goodbye to my dear Sister Larson. It was sad and I definitly cried but I will continue on and keep working hard and getting to know new people. I have gained such a strong testimony of the importance of a trainer. My trainer was so special to me and taught me so many things! I hope I can be like that for someone someday in the future. I'm happy that Sister Larson is home sleeping for a week! haha And I am so glad that I got to spend these last three months with her! As for my new companion.
         I was told on monday that I was going to be training but it turns out I'm not! (WHAT A BLESSING! HAHA) My companinons name is Sister Laura and she is from Bolivia! She is an amazing missionary and sweet person. I am so excited to be companions with her! She has 4 months on the mission and just came from the baixada so shes freezing over here in the ABC! haha I feel bad! But she is amazing and I am so excited to work with her! We actually got to the mission on the same day (although I have 2 more months thanks to my time serving in the states) So She was one of the first people I met here. I was excited when I saw our pictures together at the transfer meeting! I am super excited for the success we are going to have, she is a really hard worker and is going to teach me many things. And she speaks a little bit of english so if I don't know how to say something in portuguese she can help me sometimes. But my language is going to improve a TON with her. Shes pretty much got it down! (so much easier learning from spanish! haha)
       So pretty much these last few weeks have been great and I'm excited for what is to come! yay! Oh and this week is my six month mark! I can't believe I'm already a third of the way through my mission! It is really flying by! CRAZY!
Well I love you all and thanks for you prayers and support!!
Até mais!
Sister Schwitters


Hittin up the aquarium for my birthday! 

CHERRIES! Sad I'll miss 2 years of cherry season!

 



 Lunch at eh mercardo municipal in Sao Paulo

 



 I got to have a fun sleep over with 2 amazing sisters for my birthday (Our companions had a dinner because they were
all going home)
 



 TRANSFERS!!!
 
 

My new wonderful companion Sister Laura from Bolivia! We were totally matching and yes she really is that short.
I think we figured out 4'7'! :)
 
 
 
Loosing 2 of our MTC distirict to Missão São Paulo Santos!
 :( Sad day!!
 
 

So I didn't think I could fill Sister Larson's shoes when she left, but they seem to fit pretty well ;) The good thing about having a companion that goes home is that you inherit a lot of stuff!! haha





The district! Before transfers.

 



A suprise going away party that we had for Sister Larson!
 




Rita's baptism Saturday June 1st!



 

Our new teeny tiny district! But it's going to be fun! Only 3 full time missionaries, the other Elder is a 'Corto Braso' which means he lives in the mission and will only serve for a transfer. He's getting ready to put his papers in soon! He's getting REAL mission training! (This is due to our lack of missionaries, thank you visas...)




Kind of a scary face! One of the lovely members of our ward! haha Him and his wife who are amazing are going up north for a whole month! I dont know what I'll do without them!!




One more from Rita's baptism! Such a special day! She's amazing!





Sister Standlands going to the other mission!
 I'm going to miss her so much!!
 
 


Little puppies!!
 
 
 

Super cute!
 
 

 
My wonderful companion brought me breakfast in bed for my birthday! aaaawww


 
 
 
My stash from Sister Larson!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i'm from the ward São Bernardo 1, that S.Schwitters is serving! I have to say that S.Schwitters is wonderful! She is sweet and strong and we are thankful for having her here! Thanks Schwitters Family! Bye!

    ReplyDelete