Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Cantata

Well it has been a pretty good couple weeks! We had a lot of spiritual experiences! We were able to go to the temple which was obviously wonderful and then this past week we also had a Sisters Conference and last night we had a stake musical fireside. And of course the lesson and missionary work we were able to do. Unfortunatly its a little slow cuz alot of people are busy and going out of town this time of year but we have some really awesome families that we are working with. We love them so much and are doing all that we can to help them come closer to Christ. I just love everyone that we teach so much. I knew that I would love them but I guess I didnt expect that much. I just want them to be happy and enjoy all the blessings that the Lord has to offer them. Which is so many! That is one of the best parts about being a missionary. You can really see how much Our Heavenly Father wants to bless his children. We just have to be ready to recieve those blessings. I have been studying in the book of mormon and seeing how many times the people are blessed becuase of their rightousness and how willing the Lord is when we do what he asks. Its amazing and reading the Book of Mormon this time through has really helped me to see His hand in the lives of all the people. It is the same as we recognize his hand in our lives. Every day we are blessed and have good things happen to us. I hope that especially this time of year you are seeing how much the Savior is a part of your life. But also what you can do better to make him even more. We have been sharing many Christmas themed messages and I am just so impressed by the spirit that I feel as we sing and read of the Savior. It has been such a blessing and I am learnging more and more about Him and how I can be more like Him. It is through little changes that we will be able to fufill the grand potential that each of us has.

Last night was really great, we had a Christmas Cantata where all the wards from the Stake sang christmas songs, it was fun. A challenging program but we all did our best and it actually turned out pretty good. For me any opportunity to sing is great! It was a chace to invite friends to feel the Spirit of Chrristmas and learn a little more about the church. We only had two investigators come but they really liked it so we were happy! :) 

So all in all its been a good week! I cant complain! I hope that everyone has a wonderful week and an even more wonderful christmas! I wont be able to send another email until after Christmas but I hope everyone enjoys time with family and beloved friends and may we all remember the true meaning of Christmas! EU AMO VOCÊS! FELIZ NATAL! DEUS ABENÇOE! :)

Com muito amor,
Sister Schwitters


Me and SIster Beck at our Sisters conference! I just love my little filha! :)




Sorry its blurry but Sister Davis and I celebrating on December 12, 2013! ONE YEAR!! AHHH So crazy! 




I just cant believe it, it really is going by so fast! 




Sister Schooley and I, we had lunch at the São Paulo Botanical garden again. Super fun! 




FELIZ NATAL! Our ward christmas party! :)



I was just in a weird picture taking mood that day! haha




Good ole Book of Mormon pose ;) like I said...weird...




I cant not have a bathroom mirror pic. Missionary tag and all some things never change...girls will be girls! haha




One of our investigators that came to the Christmas cantata! She is like the sweetest person ever! We love her and her whole family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment