Ola!!! (Thats hello, or if you just wanna say hi is Oi) Como Vai?!
I am in a super good mood right now becauseI just got back from the temple!!!!! Its been way too long, because its been closed since I got here. So it was amazing to be back! I didnt want to leave!! Me and Sister Davis stayed in the celestial room as long as we possibly could! As we were walking out we saw some people who had just gotten sealed and it was so cute. I just love the spirit in the temple so much, I can't NOT smile when I am there! I thought I was going to freeze walking over though! It has been absolutly freeezing these past few days. I had just gotten out of the shower so my hair was wet so it had ice on it! I have never had my hair freeze before! I'm not sure how cold it was but it had to be like 0! Anyways enough complaining!
My New Years was okay... we celebrated at 10:00! One of the sisters had a bottle of martinelli's so we drank it out of water bottles. Pretty fancy right?! haha But we had fun and thats all the matters! We've been on lockdown the past couple days because a stomach flew started going around! It was kinda nutz, they told us we couldn't touch anyone, they canceled devotional in the big room, and went around disinfecting everything. There was something like 250 missionaries that got sick! I got sick yesterday and had to stay in my room for half the day and 3 others from my district got sick. It was pretty miserable! But I think everyone is getting over it! Which is good! I feel like things have been all out of wack with the sickness!
We had the devotional broadcast to different small rooms and it was soo good! Elder Yoon Hwan Choi of the 70 spoke and he was so wonderful! He talked to us about feeling like we were the most beautiful missionaries in the world on the inside and out and that we could accomplish anything! Its kind of hard to explain but it was really amazing. When we feel discouraged as missionaries we just need to remember that we have the Lord on our side and if we are being obedient and following the spirit we will be blessed. It was really reassuring and awesome! I love the devotionals, they are always so good and provide so much insight and things I need to know! I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be here!
Still no word on our Visas.... There are about 7 other districts waiting on Visas and alot of them have been here for longer then us, but we are hoping we will all get them soon and they will send out a bunch of us. We dont want to leave anyone in our district behind... We think the plane ride over to Sao Paulo will be super fun if we all get to go together! But if we end up getting reassigned for a while I know that it is what the Lord has planned for me so I'm not too worried about it. They will come when they come!
Some sad news, One of my teachers Irma Pike is leaving us! She is getting transfered to a different class which is a bummer becuase she is amazing! She is pretty much the sweetest person ever! We love her so much! I hope the new teacher we get is just as awesome! His name is Irmao Rogers I think, She said he's good too so im sure it will be fine. And she's still in our building so we will see her around. But we are all crying a little bit inside. :( I feel so blessed to have such wonderful teachers. Our other Teacher Irmao Perkes is really great. I dont know if I told you about my teachers but he actually served a mission in Portuagal so we kinda think hes not as cool ;) Just kidding he's awesome! I am learning so much from them all the time! They don't hire anyone here that isnt an awesome teacher! Its great, everytime we have a sub (we had quite a few due to people being gone for the holidays) they were just as great!
I'm still working on getting the accent down! Its pretty hard! They have some funky sounds in portuguese that are hard to make but I'm trying! I feel like I'm getting better and better with the language and teaching lessons are getting alot easier. I find that I am actually able to say what I am thinking! (most the time at least... haha) But I really do like the langage! Its fun to go around and talk to people! I feel so cool speaking something other then english! I can't wait until I am actually fluent! It's going to be great!!!
Keep being wonderful and remember The Lord loves you all and is mindful of you and your needs at all time!!
EU AMO VOCES!!!!! :)
Tchau(i think thats actually the correct spelling!)
Sister Schwitters!
Our little new years party! Yeah we are dorks but we sure had fun! It was only 10:00 but we pretended that it was 12! haha
Me & Sister Davis
My district having fun taking pictures!
My Branch President and his wife! They are wonderful! President Braithwaite is his name.
Me and Elder Merrill. He's one of my favorites! We have A LOT of fun!
Me and Elder Saxton! He is SO Crazy!! haha
Me and Sister Littell! She is wonderful. Shes not going to my mission so I'm going to miss her a ton!
Me and Sister Howell! Shes going to a different mission too! I wish we were all going together! But its okay!
I dont know if you can really see this but they have a map on all the missions and mine is on there! Its so tiny compared to all the other ones!! If you can tell which one is mine!! :)
(She is Brazil Sao Paulo South)











No comments:
Post a Comment