Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fire Alarm


Ola!!!!! Como Vai!
No visa yet... kind of a bummer but it’s kind of good too because I just auditioned to sing at a devotional and if I left then I probably wouldn’t have had a chance to do it! It has been so dang cold here so it’ll be nice once I finally get over there to the warmth! I can't wait! Although I'll probably be wishing I was in the cold once I get there...haha… the grass is always greener on the other side right?
Tomorrow is officially my one month anniversary of being here! Can you believe that! It totally doesn’t feel like it has been a whole month! Time has just been flying by! Has it flown by for you guys?! The temple was awesome once again! Although we had to walk over there in the snow and it was snowing a lot so that was kind of a bummer but it was worth it!

We have been teaching a lot. We teach at least one lesson every day, sometimes two! Our investigators right now are Roberto and Dilson. (they are our teachers but they feel so real!) They are both really nice and seem open to learning about the Gospel but we just need to invite them to be baptized which is our next step! Sister Davis and I are not so good at the baptism invite but we’re getting better! We just always run out of time!! But it is a goal of ours so hopefully we will improve! Every Sunday we get to watch either a church movie or a talk and they show them in foreign languages sometimes so this week we watched the Joseph Smith movie in Portuguese! It was pretty cool! I understood quite a bit of it but also not a lot of it! haha

We got our new teacher this week! Irmao Rogers! He is really cool, he's like this super tall guy who is really sweet and gentle! We like him a lot! He just got off his mission like 6 month ago so he's still pretty fresh but that just makes him more able to help us! Irmao Perkes has been back for like 2 years so he's had more time to adjust. They are both the best we love them so much! They have helped me a lot in not only learning the language but teaching me how to be a good missionary. And they can have fun with us too so it makes sitting in class for 3 hours at a time more bearable! haha
We had to move classrooms yesterday which was kind of a bummer. We have grown quite attached to our room... but they are changing a lot of things so now all the Portuguese missionaries are on the 2nd floor of the building where before some were on the first. They are doing a lot of consolidating to make room for all the new missionaries who will be coming. They also stopped doing these workshops which were really awesome so we were kind of sad about that!

Tonight we get to teach in the TRC! That’s where members come and we teach them lessons (in Portuguese) as themselves! It’s actually really fun! It’s kind of like visiting teaching. Our goal is to bring them closer to Christ, so it’s nice to teach real people every once in a while! Last week we taught this old man, well I should say he taught us! haha He was so so awesome and the cutest old man. He was a sealer in the temple and lived in Sao Paulo so that was really cool! Then we taught this young girl who is here learning English at BYU. She was sweet, we taught about receiving revelation through prayer and tonight we teach about revelation through the Book of Mormon! It will be super awesome! I can't wait!

We had a little adventure the other day... the fire alarm in our building went off at 4:00 in the morning and we had to go sit in the gym for an hour and a half! It was horrible! Apparently a pipe burst in the bottom floor or something. Our residence is under construction because it used to be classrooms and they are transforming it, so there are like wires hanging everywhere and the first two floors aren’t even done! They are working on it all the time with real loud tools... it is not ideal for taking naps on p-day...haha but what can you do...

In my studies I actually studied a lot of awesome things this week! One thing was patience... Something I need more of… not only in the language but in the life of a missionary. Everyone who goes on a mission is going to have a time when the work is slow or when things are not going exactly the way they had hoped. If we just work as hard as we can and have patience then we will be blessed. And that is in all aspects of life! We need to trust that God has a plan for us that we might not know. It’s hard to see the big picture when we are in the thick of things but God loves us so much and will help us when we are diligent and obedient to what he asks of us. Which brings me to my next topic. I studied a lot about obedience as a missionary this is so important! We need to be obedient so we can have the spirit with us at all times. It’s so easy to think some things don’t really matter but they are there for a reason. And when we follow God with exactness we will be blessed! Just like the stippling warriors… they were saved because of how obedient they were! So remember that and follow ALL the things that God and our leaders ask us to do!

Well I'm about out of time! I love you all so so much! Thank you for everything! I am continuing to learn every day and grow. I so want to be the best missionary I can possibly be and I know that I can be though faith, knowledge, and diligence. I hope everyone is doing well I pray for everyone everyday so I hope you feel my Love!!

Remember to be member missionaries and share the truth of what we know with TODOS PESSOAS!!!

A IGREJA E VERDIDEIRA!!

Eu amo voces!

Sister Schwitters


 This was the day it was freezing cold! hence my
face being all red...



Me and sister davis with elder saxton adn Elder kennington. They are awesome! We love our elders so much! kennington is like such a little kid it makes us laugh. We just want to know what is going on in the head of his all the time! haha




 Two of the elders from our branch who got their visas! Elder Koken and Elder Ortiz! They were awesome!




Me and Sister Davis being sad that we have to move rooms... our stuff is packed and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment