Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happy Birthday!


             Ola Familia!!! Primero FELIZ ANIVERSARIO MAE!!!!!! Eu sent voce um carta mas Eu nao sei se voce got it yet! I hope so! If you didn’t, don’t think I forgot about you because I didn’t

              As for me this week has been really great!!! I feel like I learned so much this week that is helping me be a better missionary. Last Saturday we taught in the TRC. It is getting easier and easier to communicate with native Brazilians. They do talk a little fast but I can usually pick up the jist so it’s really fun to be able to teach them! Me and my companion really love it! Although we have been teaching two 20 min. lessons and tomorrow we have to teach one 40 minute lesson so that could be a bit more of a challenge so we will see how it goes! Sunday was AWESOME!! We had a lot of really great speakers. During Relief Society, Sister Wixon, the General Primary Prestident spoke to us. It was really great. The thing I got the most from it was how the best tool we have to teach with is our love. Our words are not going to be what converts people but our spirit and the love they feel from us. It was really nice to hear especially because my speaking is not good...haha But during sacrament meeting the sisters in our district sang how great thou art. It was really pretty, we just sang the hymn but spiced it up a little bit! The elders all said it was really good so that was fun! So this guy spoke to us about repentance but I don’t know who he was but he spoke about repenting and how we should repent every night so that we can be worthy to teach with the spirit the next day. Obviously this makes sense but it has really made a difference in my nightly prayers. That night we got to hear from our new MTC presidency. They seem really awesome! I heard a lot from them already they are going to be great! After we watched the talk that Elder Bednar gave at the MTC for Christmas last year, it’s called the Character of Christ and it was soo good! He talked about how when the natural man wants to be selfish we should be like Christ and turn outward. It was seriously one of the best talks I’ve heard. Sooo good!
           Sister Davis and I talk a lot about setting goals here and obviously we make goals every day! Sometimes we don’t always follow through but we try! It’s so good when you are able to set one, start doing it, and see the blessings of it in your life. I have definitely gained a testimony of goals while I've been here and it will only get bigger! I have been so good about writing in my nightly journal (haven’t missed one yet!) and my study journal… It’s so helpful and really good to look back on when I need some spiritual up lifting! It makes studying so much better when you can remember a thought you had or share it with others so keep it up
One fun thing I have been doing is singing in the MTC choir. The director’s name is Brother Eggett and he is soo awesome! I seriously love singing with him. He makes it really fun while at the same time helping us sing beautifully. I look forward to it so much. This week we sang a really pretty arrangement of Lead Kindly Light. That was one of my favorite we have sung! Plus, the Choir is HUUUGE! We're bigger than the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! It’s pretty cool. We sing for devotionals on Tuesdays so we get to practice on Sundays and Tuesdays.

               One of the highlights of my week was being a host for the new missionaries that come! It is so fun seeing their faces and be able to help them not be so overwhelmed by the MTC. And taking them to their classrooms and see them freak out when their teachers don’t speak English at all. It’s seriously priceless! But it’s just such an exciting time to be a missionary so when I see the new people come I am really happy for them and try to get them pumped for what’s ahead! And we get out of class so it’s a fun little break from the grind ;)

           Finally the other day was one of the sister in my districts birthday so we had a little party for her! It was so much fun! I have some pictures from it so hopefully you can see how awesome we are! We did kind of get in trouble though... but it wasn’t too bad so It's okay! Also we finally got a new sister in our branch! We were all so excited to meet her! We feel bad because she is a solo sister which means she's the only girl in a district with 13 ELDERS!!! By the way… that’s a lot. Our district has 11 total people and we are cramped in our room... But maybe some of them will get their visa so it won’t be sardines for too long!

           Anyways things are going really well! I am learning so much here in the MTC and I love it so much! 2 1/2 more weeks and then I’m off into the real mission field! Kind of scary but I'm so excited to start the work! I hope everyone is doing well I love you all!


          So I’m hitting my time limit! But I love you guys so much! Happy Birthday Mom!

 

TCHAU!!!

Amo voces!








No comments:

Post a Comment