So first thing we did was get our
official visas done. This is in Sao Paulo so we had to leave the night before
and stay with a senior couple and then we all went on Thursday morning at like
6:30. It was partly really fun because I got to see everyone from my district
(at least the ones from my mission) it was a nice little reunion. There was
about 20 of us Americans that had to go, some people were renewing there’s and
then the rest of us. It was really nice to visit with everyone but what wasn’t
cool was the fact that we had to sit and wait for 7 HOURS! It was ridiculous! So
long, and the majority of the time we were waiting for these 3 elders to get
fines...long story! But as miserable as it was we made it fun visiting with
each other and playing uno! I really like all the missionaries in the mission
they are just so awesome! And there are a lot of really hard workers which is
good!
On Friday we had interviews with
President Tanner. I think it really helped me feel better and like I can really
do this. President and Sister Tanner are just really uplifting and kind. I
loved being able to talk with them and get to know them better. We have been
talking a lot about being a consecrated missionary and really giving everything
I have and everything I am to my mission and to serving the Lord. That is how
we have success and that is how we are happy on the mission and just in life in
general. I am working hard every day on being a consecrated missionary. :)
Saturday and Sunday were obviously
conference! Oh my goodness how much I loved conference! The only bad thing
about it was that it had to end! I was blessed to be able to watch it in
ENGLISH! All of us American missionaries in the stake watched it together and
had a little party making snacks and stuff it was really fun. Although I did
have to watch the first couple talks on Saturday in Portuguese because they
were having trouble getting it to work. So I didn’t really understand the first
few but I think I got the overall jest! :) Looking over my notes and feelings
that I had during conference I feel that what I really learned was about
following the example of the Savior. He really did show us all things that we
should do and we should be doing all that we can to follow Him. Whether it be
forgiving others, sharing the gospel, having faith or any other thing it is
through the Savior that we can do those things. I have been trying to turn to
the Savior as a missionary because I know it will help me but all people can be
helped through the Savior. He wants to help us and is waiting for us to turn to
Him. I will definitely be studying these talks again when the ensign comes out
and someone sends it to me in English (hint hint haha). The words of the
prophet and leaders of the church are SUCH a blessing and I can’t wait for next
conference!
So the best part of my week was the
baptism!!! We had a wonderful baptism on Sunday night for our friend Celso! He
is so great! He has done many things to get prepared for his baptism it’s been
fun to watch him grow. He had to work very hard to give up coffee which is
something ALOT of people here in Brazil drink but HE DID IT! His wife was
baptized about 2 months ago so it was really fun to be able to have them both
be baptized now we will get them ready to go and get sealed in the temple for
time and all eternity! They are a very special family and I have loved getting
to know them and working with them. They have such a desire to learn and our so
kind to us. At the baptism we had a lot of people there! It was standing room
only! And we didn’t even tell very many people about it! (Celso is VERY shy and
told us he didn’t want anyone to be there, but the Lord knew better) The ward
is so great and so many people love and support him and Silvana. I also sang at
the baptism which was fun. One of the elders in our district Elder Howell is an
amazing musician and he actually had an arrangement of Lead kindly light that
he wrote so I sang that in Portuguese. It was really pretty and I was happy to
be able to contribute to the service. It was a really special night. My first
baptism in Brazil!!! yee!!! :D
We have a couple more baptisms
coming up that are very exciting. 2 people we are teaching are a mother and
daughter Isabel and Marina. I don’t know if I told you about them but they are
so great! They live in our building so we see them all the time. They are so
prepared and ready they will make great members of the church so that’s the
next thing I am looking forward to! :) They both came to 1 session of
conference and really liked it so that was a blessing to have them there.
Then today I got to go to the
temple! The Sao Paulo temple is absolutely beautiful inside! They have a lot of
dark wood moldings and stuff which I love so I thought it was really pretty. It
felt so good to be in a temple of God! It’s been too long! It was fun listening
in Portuguese, I still understood most of it but it was a little difficult but
it’ll come! :) I just love the feeling I get when I am in the temple. It really
brings me so much peace and happiness! I hope you are going to the temple as
much as possible! It’s such a blessing to have one close by! So today was a
super good day! Luckily we get to go to the temple about once every three
months so that’s nice. I look forward to the next time!
So pretty much that was my awesome
week! We had a lot of ``Stuff´´ to do this week but we also got in quite a bit
of teaching! We are working on finding new investigators right now. We are just
trying to talk to as many people as possible. A lot of people are willing to
let us come and talk to them it’s just a matter of them being home when we come
back. But we are trying to just keep going and find those who the Lord has
prepared for us! References are really nice so I hope if the missionaries ask
you guys for references you give them AT LEAST one! We always know people who
could use the gospel in their lives!!! Well I hope you all have a good week and
remember and ponder the things that we learned at conference!
Eu te amo! E eu sou muito grato por
voces! A IGERJA E VERDADEIRA!!!!
Com amor,
Sister Schwitters
The temple! We went with Celso and Silvana a few weeks ago but it was locked....
Our Easter morning. We bought ourselves candy but we couldnt eat it because we were fasting.. But it was so worth it!! :D
Me and Sister Larson on Easter!
So for Pday last week we had a district lunch and made french toast! We asked Elder Guibergia to set the table and make it pretty. This is what he came up with... pretty inventive! I dont know if you can tell but the table cloth is paper towles from the bathroom! haha
Elder Howell and Sister Larson makin french toast and syrup!!
.
A terrrrible attempt at a district picture via timer! haha
This one is kinda scary too...haha
So this was the first day I REALLY experienced the evil rain. Of course it was the day I didnt have my umbrella.... I was literally soaked head to toe except for where I had my backpack...haha It was an adventure to say the least! haha
Loving the rain! not....
This was the number I got waiting for my visa stuff! If you know me you know why I'm excited!! 23!!!!!!!!
My lovely friends from the MTC district 7D forever!!!! haha
I keep getting blessed with amazing companions!! :)
At the temple! these are the sisters from our zone. The elders went in right away I guess they didnt want to take pictures with us... LAME!!!
This is Vera a woman in our ward! She gives us rides to places that would take like 2 hours on the bus which is sweet and this is where we ate lunch! :) It was yummy! I was feeling american so I had a hamburger and fries! haha
So about the baptism. We started filling the font a little late due to lack of keys (we werent in our building) So it turned into everyone helping fill buckets of water and poring them in so it could then heat up...haha it was quite the adventure! haha














No comments:
Post a Comment