Boa Tarde!! Estou muito marvalihoso! I love P-days because I get to hear from the people I love. It really is so comforting and helps me get ready for the rest of the week knowing that you are all there for me! This week has been pretty good, a little short due to the fact the pday was on Tuesday but we have just been working hard and trying to find new people! Its so exciting being a missionary. Its the hardest thing I've ever done but there really is so much joy in being a missionary! I love the people here and even though Brazil is very different from the US its still an awesome place with many great things.
So this week we got to meet a new family that we are teaching. They were a referall from english class (not ours but a different one) we gave him a call and he told us to come over but when we got there he was working but his wife and a couple of kids were there and they were just as welcoming! They are so nice and really have a desire to find a good religion and one that can help their family and help them come closer to Christ. I guess they found the right people! ;) Im really excited because this is the first time I will have taught a family so I think it will be awesome! I'll keep you updated on what happens with them! We have a lesson with the whole family tomorrow night so hopefully it goes well and we can invite them to be baptized on the first lesson! :)
We have also been working with another mother and daughter alot. I think I told you a little about them last week. They are awesome we just need to help them really see the importance of being baptized as soon as possible. They don't have any problems with doctrine they believe it is true but for some reason they are putting baptism on the backburner so we are doing alot of praying and fasting to know how we can help them. I have to remind myself what a big life change joining the church really is and that even though there are some poeple who can get baptized in 2 weeks of meeting us for others it takes a little longer and that doesnt mean us as missionaries are doing anything wrong. It is so important to just have patience!
So we also have been reaching out to alot of less actives. We got a new ward list so we are going through it and trying to find people who we can go visit and help come back to church. We have really just been trying to teach as much as possible, especially with the help of the ward. The ward here is great. The members are so nice and loving to us! I feel so blessed! :)
Something fun that we did was make pastels! they are a friend dough with stuff in the middle kinda thing and they are pretty big here! We have a guy we are teaching that makes them and sells them at farmers market kinda things! They were super good! I have some embarrassing pictures that you can look at! haha
Well thats about it that I can think of for last week! This week is the last week of the transfer (it was only 5 weeks) So we are going to try to go out with a bang! Although we will probably stay for the next one so we aren't really going anywhere! haha But I hope you all have a good week and remember all the missionaries in your prayers. There are alot of missionaries out in the world struggling who need your prayers and support! I know that the church is true and I feel so blessed to be able to share this knowledge with other people!
I love you all and thank you for everything you do! I pray for you everynight so I hope you feel it! :)
A igreja é verdadeira! E eu sei que Jesus Cristo vive! E que Ele é meu Redentor e Salvador!
Com Amor,
Sister Schwitters
I got my hair cut! haha I just wanted it shorter cuz I'm too hot! Although everyone keeps asking me why I would cut my beautiful blonde hair! haha
The finished product! (Silvana cut it for me, the wife of Celso convert of about 2 months)
So brazilians think that all Americans eat is Mcdonalds and dolces(sweets) but look at all the BRAZILLIANS in line at Mcdonalds...haha I guess every county has a thing for greesy fatening food! Although its a whole lot more expensive here!!
Making a pastel in my sweet hairnet!! haha
Dont we just look super cute!
Our friend deep frying them for us!
YUMM!!! IT was super good! Mine had chichen and cheese it it! But obviously it was a little jazzed up! :)
We have a lizard in our apartment. He is our pet! haha havent named him yet, anyone got any ideas??? haha
Another from the temple.
Filling up buckets for the baptism! haha
CELSOS BAPTISM!!!
CELSOS BAPTISM!!!
Us with Tico who baptized him
Standing room only! We actually had to stand outside the door for most of the service but got inside for the actually baptism :)
Fellowshippers!
Me and Isabel at the baptism (one of our investigators!)
















No comments:
Post a Comment