Monday, April 29, 2013

American Cookies & Coffee Chips

 So I have to say this week has been kind of hard emotionally but it was also super good and alot of exciting things are on the way! We just got some upsetting news about some people in our ward and then we have a few investigators that we care about so much who aren't keeping their commitments so its been rough getting through those things but I don't want to dwell on the bad becuase it really has been a good week tambem! The most exciting news this week is probably that me and Sister Larson get to stay together for another transfer!!!!! We were so nervous but luckily we are in the clear and she´ll get to spend her last transfer with me! And I'm not quite ready to have a companion who doesnt speak English...haha And I LOVE HER so I'm super excited! We decided that this next transfer is going to be the transfer of baptisms!!! We have a ton of faith and quite a few people who could totally be baptized this month or so! So pray for us that we meet our goal!! :)
 
I'm really excited becuase we have a legit family that we are teaching! We got them as a reference from the English class and they are super nice! We have yet to meet with the husband (the actual referal) But the wife, two teenage daugters, and six year old son are super cool and really want to know about the Gospel and how it can help them in their lives. The lessons that we have had with them have been really good and everyone participates now we just need to meet the husband! We meet with them again on Tuesday and hopefully he will be there!
 
On thursday we had NOVAS FORÇAS! It was sooo awesome! Pretty much its when they get all the new missionaries and their trainers together, see how things are going and give us another training about how to be a great missionary! It was really awesome! And not just becuase I got to see all my MTC friends (The ones who are in my mission at least) Everyone seems to be doing really well! They are super awesome! Its funny because the Elder who probably struggled the most with the language in the MTC now is like all confident and talkin all the time! We all knew he was going to show us up sometime! ;) haha But The training was really inspiring! We talked alot about inviting people to be baptized and how important that really is! I was especially impressed as we talked about eternal families and what a gift it is to be able to be with your family forever. But we can't have that unless we are FIRST baptized. I always knew this but for some reason it stuck out to me more that day! So I am just trying to remember that as I teach and really try to find families to teach!
 
On Sunday we had a whole family at church! The parents are recent converts and their son is not a member. He has been kind of against coming to church but he totally came this week! And by himself too becuase his parents had already left when we called to invite him! We are pretty sure he liked it and he said he would come to a couple other things this week so we are super excited! Hopefully we can start teaching him the lessons this week and we can help him!!
 
I am starting to love this ward so much! I feel like I can actually talk to people now (kind of...) without my companion standing next to me so It seems like I am connecting to the ward a lot better. We had a few ward activites this week and they were all super fun and we were able to gain more trust with the members so hopefully they will start giving us more references and stuff! I think the best thing about this week was that I really came to a realization. We were reading Mosiah 24 with an investigator and I realized how much this applies to me right now. The first few weeks here in Brazil. I struggled ALOT! I was ready to pack up and go home. It was just really alot harder then I expected it to be! But now I am so much happier! I have a smile on my face everyday like I did before and I realized that I can do it and this is where I'm supposed to be! Like the people of Alma I have truely been strengthed by the Lord! Nothing has changed in my situation. I still walk alot everyday, the language is super hard to understand, I am exhausted every day. But I have been strengthened to be able to endure! Everyday gets easier and it is such a blessing because it has allowed me to focus more on my purpose as a missionary and what I can do everyday to help the people we are teaching! So anyone who is struggling, just turn to the Lord and let Him STRENGTHEN you in your trials and affilictions! The sistuation may not change or go away, but YOU will change! And thats a promise when we are following God and doing the simple things like reading, praying and going to church!
 
I love you all so much and I hope you have a fabulous week! Im so happy to be a missionary! And am excited for many things in the future!!
 
Eu sei que a Igreja é verdadeira! E realmente quando nós segimos O Evangelho de Jesus Cristo vamos ter mais felizidade em nossas vidas! Deus nos ama! CONFIA(?) EM ELE!!
 
TE AMO!!!
Sister Schwitters

The district Team America! We are loosing E. Guibergia... The blonde one! We will miss him!!
 



Me and Sister Larson with the Tanners! A much better picture then the one from the first day... haha
 
 
 

Me and Sister Standland! Probably wont see her for a good while... LOVE HER!
 
 


FRIENDS!!!
 
 
 

GOOFS!




This is me at a feita (dont know if thats how you spell it) But pretty much its like a farmers market! Super sweet! They do it once a week! Yummy!
 
 
 

We had an activity with the moças (YW) teaching them how to make cookies! It was really fun! They don't really make cookies here so it was very American.





This was super funny. I don't know if you can tell but these are the chocolate chips that someone bought for our cookies. We didn't notice until after we had put them in the dough that they were coffee flavored... haha. So we have a bunch of mormons eating coffee flavored cookies! I thought it was hilarious! And of course we had an investigator there so after we taught about the word of wisdom! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment