So I´ll admit this week has been a little slow... I don't really know why because its been a really good week! I think its just because Mothers Day is coming up so I am excited! But who knows! I forgot to tell you last week but I totally gave my first legit talk last sunday!!! Man was it scary but it was also good! I dont think I made too many horrible mistakes but I definitly have alot of room to grow in the portuguese! haha It was really good though, I'm glad I got to do it. I feel like I learned alot just preparing which you always do! It was from Elder Oaks talk in conference about following the example of Christ. It was a good experience! And everyone told me I did really good so I'll just ignorantly believe them! haha :)
We taught a lot of lessons this week which was really good! We have some really special people preparing for baptism right now and it brings so much joy! I have to say I am really seeing a change in these people and what the gospel is really doing in their lives! It is just so inspiring! I love when we teach people who really want to do these things! Like the commandments of God and really have a happier life!! It's inspiring! :)
So one fun thing I did this week. We found this new family that we are teaching and they are pretty heavily involved in their Methodist Church. We went by the house this week and her husband wasn't there, he was at the church praciticing with band for Sunday. He said we should stop by. We had our lesson with her fairly quickly so we thought why not? Lets check it out, hopefully they won't hate us like most other religions do. haha So we get there and they are practing. Everyone was really nice and my companion who I love so much desides to tell them that I sing! So of course they want me to sing with them! Heres something you should know about Braziliians. They don't really let you say no! haha And especially as a missionary you have to do what they say! So I totally sang with a methodist church! haha It was pretty fun! I obviously didn't know any of the songs they were singing but I was about to pull out Amazing Grace and How Great Thou Art! It was quite the experience!! haha
Yesterday was an awesome day! As much as I like my Pdays ive decided that Sundays are just the best days of the week! It was so awesome! We had a bunch of less actives that we have been working with come to church! It made me so happy and one of our investigators was there with his family! We had alot of awesome lessons and it was just a really spiritual and fun week! I LOVED IT! and next weeks going to be even better!
So pretty much being a missionary is the best thing ever! I love the work we are doing here and the joy we can bring into peoples lives through the Gospel of Jesus Christ! There is no better gift we have that we can give than that of eternal happiness! I am so blessed to be here in this area and be meeting the people I am! I'm convinced that EVERYONE need to serve missions becuase it really is the most amazing thing!
I love you all and hope you have a GREAT week! And serve others and do the little things that bring you closer to the Savior!
Eu te amo muito! E eu tenho um grande testemunho sobre a felizedade que nos encontramos por meio O Evangelho!!!
Com Amor,
Sister Schwitters
Out getting pizza with Vera!
At Malou´s birthday party! Shes a darling little girl in our ward and her parents are super awesome!
PARABENS PRA VOCE!
Our pday adventure today! At a big park in São Paulo
The park has a lake. Its kinda like the Central Park of Sao Paulo.
LION!!
Rockin the Teeter Taughter... how the heck do you spell that??lol
The ZONE!
Eating at my first real Churrascaria! (what Tucanos is trying to be)









No comments:
Post a Comment