So I thought I'd write my weekly letter first this time! It's usually the last thing I do but then I'm always running out of time so I thought if I did it first that would be a whole lot better! Although now I'm probably going to spend all my time on this instead of individual responses...ahh...oh well! I'll just do what I can! :)
So, this week has been...Interesting! Not gunna lie I feel like it's been kinda a difficult week, we haven't had a ton of success but a lot of good things happened so I think over all it was successful! :) And it was a fun week so I can't complain too much! ;)
We have been working a lot to try and find new investigators! President Tanner has called this the month of miracles and we have been trying to really have more baptisms and visit more people. We just have been having a little trouble this week finding people who want to talk to us... But they'll come we just need to find where they are hinding! And the Lord is always there for us. The other day I had a good experience that reminded me that He really is looking out for me. We had gone down to Jordanopolis (the part of our area that takes about an hour to walk to) to visit some new people that said we could come back and sadly they all fell through and no one really wanted to talk to us. I was feeling bad becuase it seemed like we had walked all the way down there for nothing and it was the end of the week so everything was just piling up. I was really tired and did not want to walk back but we had too. We joking tried to think of someone who could give us a ride but there was no one. As we were walking back someone honks at us and usually we don't look becuase it probably just someone honking at another car or honking at you for another reason and you don't want to aknowledge them.... but as the car slowed down we realized it was a member of our ward there to give us a ride! I was so happy and really felt like the Lord recognized that I was feeling really bad and this was something that I needed! It may seem small but as a missionary its the little miracles that make all the difference! And because we got back into rudge earlier we were able to see someone we wouldn't have had time to see and it was really good that we went there because she was really sad and we were able to help her! It's times like these that I remember that The Lord always is looking out for me and knows me better then anyone else and how he really is guiding His work. It turned out to be a pretty good day!
Also we have a new family that we are teaching! It's so exciting, they are people that we talked to on the street like a month ago and didn't really accept our invitation but we told them about our english class. Then this week out of no where they showed up and told us how they wanted to come to church!! And they actually came! It seems like one of the biggest struggles is getting people to initially come to church so it was nice that they had that desire and followed through with it! We are really excited to teach them.
Sunday was a great day because it was Sunday! haha But also we had quite a few investigators at church and our recent convert was able to recieve the Holy Ghost and the priesthood! It was really special. It really made Sunday an amazing day. And we were able to have lunch and a family night with too different amazing families!
So overall although this week had its ups and downs looking back at it now I feel happy and that we worked hard. We have been trying to make the most of this last half of the transfer so my compaion can really sprint to the finish! We have been trying to figure out what we will do for my brithday (which I know isn't THAT important!) But I'm excited for it. I will be on PDay so it has the potential to be fun but its also the day that my companion is leaving me so it will be sad at the same time! But we will figure out something cool to do!
I love you all and hope you have an awesome week and everyday remember your blessings!!
TE AMO!
Sister Schwitters
Hangin out in the park eatin Pão de Queijo!!
We had a little birthday partyish thing for one of the little girls in our ward who just turned 8! We made cupcakes and Brigadeiro (This chocolate carmel thing) it was fun!
Another birthday celebration with Marina one of our investigators!
We're classy ladies! Lena was teaching us the best way to pose for pictures! haha
Um Irmão em nossa Ala rockin the snuggie! haha
The setup from our birthday party! All we really did was make the frosting...haha
Today we went to this place called 25 de março. Its pretty much a street with a bunch of shops kinda reminds me of SF or somthing but this guy was out there...not really sure what he is doing just a weird street performer! haha
I was so close to buying these but we decided against it... ;) haha
No comments:
Post a Comment