Tuesday, August 13, 2013

American Cookies

Well hello my wonderful family and friends! Another great week has gone by and another month! Today I officially have 8 months on the mission! Holy Cow is it flying by! Just one more month and It's already half way over.... I don't really like thinking about that! But these past 8 months have been amazing, difficult, fun, interesting, spiritual and full of new experiences and new things learned. I love this mission so much! The people, missionaries, leaders, EVERYTHING! I hope you all are as happy as I am! :)
 
So my week?? Well it started out with a family night at Silvana and Celso (My first baptisms) And they invited the other sisters and Lena from the other ward. It was so good to see them! I miss them so much! It was fun visiting and sharing a message with them. And Lena brought a delicious cake!! Did I mention that she's like the best cook ever?! Its true! It was yummy!

On Tuesday we did something really fun! We gave the mutual for the Young Women in our ward. It was awesome! We were trying to get them really excited about doing missionary work. It was funny I made cookies, American ones...they don't really have here. But we gave them all to one of the girls using the example of Lehi's vision and wanting to share the fruit. It was pretty funny. We made her eat one in front of everyone and tell us how good it was haha the girls were pretty jealous. I was just happy the cookies actually turned out good. You know how I am with making cookies. But we talked to them and did a little practice helping them get comfortable sharing the gospel with their friends and in the end we gave them all Book of Mormons and had them write their testimonies and promise to give it to one of their friends. It was really awesome! I am so impressed with the youth in this ward. Well the youth in Brasil really, they are amazing and so willing to share the gospel. They have way more courage then I had! I hope we inspired them! :) 
 
Speaking of youth! We are teaching a family right now that I am so impressed with the kids. There are 6 kids in the family 2 of them are already baptized and we are working on one of the others. But these boys are amazing. The strongest is 12 years old and he walks 40 minutes to church every Sunday without his parents and shares the gospel with everyone he knows! There is another boy who's 15 who also was already baptized. They are such great examples for there parents and others who live there. This week we committed Felipe who's 9 to be baptized. Sometimes I feel a little strange baptizing and teaching people who are so young but they are so special and I love them so much. It was funny Kauan who's 7 was wondering when he can be baptized it was so cute we were giving them all goals and things to read and he wanted one too. We already have his baptism planned for April 22 2014! haha But I just adore these kids and admire them so much for the example they are to me and those around them. 
 
We have a few other people with baptism dates that I'm really excited for. This area is just booming! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed because it feels like we don't have time to visit everyone! And I'm having a hard time remembering everyone's names! haha These last few weeks we had more then 5 investigators at church! Usually we are lucky to have one! Its awesome to see so many people who are willing to make changes in their lives and the majority of them are young! Its amazing! 
 
Also this week we did a division with the Training Sisters. It was great, I love being able to learn from other people and seeing how they do things. I stayed here in our area while Sister Beck went to Mauá. We have quite a few sisters in our missions who are converts of 4 years or even less and they are so amazing! It seems like they've been members for ever. I'm just so impressed by them! I guess I've been ''impressed'' a lot this week! Or maybe I'm just noticing my own weaknesses more... haha But I love you all and thank you for everything! I am glad to have an amazing family supporting me! Have a great week!! 
 
Com amor,
Sister Schwitters

Our activity with the Young Women

No comments:

Post a Comment