Monday, August 26, 2013

Book of Mormon

So pretty much im feeling super good right now! Our area is doing really well and Sister Beck and I are doing super well together! She is just awesome! I am impressed by her everyday! And we really have unity when we teach. Transfers are coming up next week and I really hope that we can stay together. We should because shes training but with all these sisters arriving who knows she could be training with one transfer in the mission. Anyways shes just GREAT! 

So the most exciting thing that happened this week was that we had a BAPTISM on sunday!! Woooo! We had the baptism of little felipe. Hes only 9 but what an awesome kid! In the begininng of my mission I always thought that missionarys were just looking for baptisms when they baptised a kid really young but I get it now! The younger the better! With this young start he has so much in front of him. I cant wait to see what he and all these boys can become. One day serving missions. Starting a family. The perspective is so different. Its amazing and reminds me why im here! Not just to help adults but anyone who wants to come closer to Chirst and make this covenant with our Heavenly Father. As for the baptism it was quite an adventure! We didnt notice until church was ending that the guy who was supposed to Baptize him wasnt there and didnt have a phone after we found out that he wouldnt be coming we had to find someone else lucklily we had a Brother super cool in our ward who was willing but then we realized that although we had already filled the font it had started emptying and there wasnt enought water so we went with the bucket idea AGAIN! Everyone was filling buckets and dumping them in the font! Unfortunatly the water was totally cold but about an hour later everything was good and it turned out to be a very special baptism and the spirit was there which is the most important thing. I just feel so blessed to be able to participate in this special ordanance! Its such a gift! I just wanna cry everytime!! haha

Also one of my favorite parts of this week was the Zone Conference that we had! It was so awesome and got me so excited! We talked all about the Book of Mormon. Really how we can use it more in our lessons and how the first thing we should help people do is gain a testemony of the Book of Mormon. I was thinking about my own testimony of it and just felt so greatful. I always learn something new and recieve guidance I need for my life. Mainly I feel the Love of our Heavenly Father when I read it. there are so many examples of it! And I really know that like it says in the introduction theres no other book that can bring us closer to our Father in Heaven and the Savior. I started reading in portugues about when I ot here and I read about a chapter everyday and although im only in about the middle it has made such a difference in my mission! I am learning so much. I just want to share it with everyone I see. We have recently started a tradition in our mission of always walking with a Book of Mormon in our hands. It makes me feel so much more powerful and effective! When I dont have one I feel incomplete. Our message is unique and so special and it all starts with this amazing book. 

Em fim I decided that I wanted to do a fun little project. I want to ask all those special to me if they can write their favoirte book of mormon scripture and why, and their testimony of the book of mormon. I feel that this will be really special and help me increase my own testimony of the Book of Mormon. Please do it! You dont need to send it in the mail (Although that would be awesome cuz I love getting letters and dont get them too often) But if you want to just email me id be so happy! I want as many as I can possibly get. 

The last fun thing was today! Our dear Zone Leader Elder Wright is leaving today (had to go early because of school) so our whole zone had a lunch for him in the house of a member. It was super fun! Hes a great elder and is going to be missed! But the best part was the message that the Elders gave. He spoke about testimonys and asked each of us to bear a short testimony one phrase about a truth that has impacted you recently. Wow, it was so awesome. The spirit was so strong and I really felt the power of thoes testemonies. I love being a missionary and am inspired everday by those around me. Missionary, members, nonmebers leaders! Everyone! ANd you ALL! Thank you for all your love and suport! May we all continure on being examples to everyone and sharing what we know! 

EU TE AMO!! 

Sister Schwitters 

Alma 29:9 THIS is my glory! 

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do anot bglory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
Felipes Baptism!! 
  


Special Boys! These are the brothers all recently baptised except Kauan who is 7. They really are so special to me. Like family!



                        Everyone!!!



Green exists in São Paulo!!! haha On our way to lunch today we got a little lost but we ended up taking a pretty detour...haha it was an adventure! :)




São Bernardo Zone!!! We're pretty cool if you cant tell ;) It really is an awesome Zone!



              BYE ELDER WRIGHT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment