Monday, August 5, 2013

A new Brazil

Well another week and more adventures!! We had a pretty good week, we are finding lots of new people that we can teach! And we have 2 awesome people with baptism dates! We are really excited! Keep them in your prayers that all will go well! Some great things that happened this week! On Tuesday we had interviews with President Tanner and house inspections. They (President and Sister Tanner, The stouts and outs LZs) Came to our house and looked at it and talked with us! Of course we passed! Our house is huge! We have two bathrooms and three bedrooms (One the elders used for exercising haha) there are usually 2 sets of elders there but right now its just us sisters. I'm sure we will be getting another here pretty quick! But my interview went well. President Tanner is such a great man he always makes me feel good about the work we are doing. And of course Sister Tanner is amazing! And I got packages from Barry and Grandma so I was pretty excited! :D Also this week we had a ward party! It was called a festa do interior which is a party typical of the interior of Brazil it was pretty fun! They had a band and everything! Brazilian's sure know how to throw a good party! The purpose was missionary work and to bring non members there and we had quite a few. We had a couple real investigators come which was super fun! They are great and I'm really excited to work with them.
 
Sister Beck and I are doing great together, I don't really feel like I'm training her! She's training me! I really am learning so much from her. I told President Tanner that I'm pretty sure I got the best new missionary and he said that she got the best trainer! So pretty much together we're unstoppable! ;) haha But she is really awesome and we are getting a lot done!
 
One bummer thing this week was that it was totally FREEZING! Like really, I was dying! It was in the 40's and everyone was dying. In some parts of Brazil it was even snowing! Pretty crazy, all the missionaries from those areas were mad because it never snows and the one time it does they aren't there! I was glad it wasn't snowing here! But hopefully this week warms up! I've been using like 5 sweaters everyday! And here in this area they have this mist that makes it even more cold! Pray that it gets warmer!
 
Well its been a good week and I know that the next one will be even better as we are getting to know the people better and getting used to the area! I feel so blessed to be in this area. The ward leadership is awesome! The bishop here is amazing and the stake president is also in our ward and he's amazing too! The whole stake is really trying to work hard in helping the missionaries. Its awesome!
 
Well I love you all and hope you have a great week! And enjoy the warm weather! It stinks being cold in July! haha
 
Sister Schwitters
 
This is Brazil! Well a part of it at least!
 
 
 
 
We party rock every day!




My new area! It feels so much bigger then the last one! I think it is!




Just taking some sweet pics!




Really missing my Brentwood corn... Didn't even come close!
 
 
 
 
Two of our investigators that came to our ward party!
They're super sweet!
 
 


Juliana an awesome member of our ward! Everyone was dressed like this, although she definitly won best dressed!

1 comment: