Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I love to sing!

So a lot has been happening these past few weeks! Sister Beck and I are on fire! We are feeling awesome and working hard. We were blessed to have 2 baptisms this past week, I think I already told you about Walter last Sunday, and then on Wednesday we had the baptism of Leonice. I am feeling so blessed to be in this area. There are so many people prepared and who are willing to make changes in their lives. Its not easy and I hope we are helping them have the courage and confidence to do what they need to. I admire these people so much. Especially those who need to overcome an addiction such a smoking or drinking coffee. We have a lot of people we are teaching that are struggling with these substances, especially smoking. Luckily they all have a desire to quit but I can see that is not something easy to do. We are just encouraging them to trust in the Lord and he will help them. I can't image what it is like for them but I know that when they make the change it will make such a difference in their lives. The gospel blesses us in so many ways that we can't even imagine them all! 
 
So this past weekend we had our ward conference and also an activity on Saturday night. It was a talent show; Sister beck and I performed a little something. It's so nice having a musical companion. We like to do things together. She plays the flute so we do a lot of flute a voice numbers. We are going to record something's because we don't know how much time we have left together (Transfers in next week...) Obviously I've always loved music but this transfer I have really realized how much it means to me and how much it is a part of my life. And I feel so blessed to be able to share it with others it just makes me happy! :) 

Also this week I have been studying a lot of great stuff. President Tanner has asked us to start reading the Book of Mormon marking all references to Jesus Christ, His words, attributes, and doctrines or principals. I took this as an opportunity to focus all my study on the Savior, probably until Christmas. I have been reading a lot the Special Liahona about Christ from 2008. I'm starting focusing on Faith in the Savior and what it really does for us. I have been learning so much and finding so many awesome scriptures to help me as a missionary and also my investigators. It is only through our faith in the Savior that we can expect miracles, that we can be strengthened, and that we can be more like Him. As missionaries we need ALOT of miracles and the Lord is willing to give them to us when we are diligent and keeping His commandments and doing the best that we can. This is a principle that we should put in practice our whole lives. It's part of enduring to the end! Always showing our faith in him by our works and our determination. I know that if we focus our lives on the Savior that is when we will have true happiness and grow the most. 

I really feel like I have been so blessed in my mission. President and Sister Tanner are just amazing. I know the Lord called me to this mission to be lead by them. Every time we have a meeting or some training they inspire me to want to be better. And they really lead this mission with love. All my companions have been AMAZING, sure I've had difficult transfers, but every area has had something wonderful for me. And the people I have been able to meet. Members, missionaries, and investigators. I don't know what I did to deserve this but I am so grateful. I honestly can't imagine doing or being anywhere else. Thank you for supporting me and helping me want to be better through your email and prayers. Today I was reading a thing I had written in the MTC about what I wanted the vision of my mission to be. One thing I said was I wanted to be improving everyday and if I was always doing and being a little bit better then I can be a successful missionary. I really feel like I am doing that. I am no where near perfect or where I want to be but I feel a change and a strong desire to be better. I love you all and hope that you always remember how much I love and appreciate you and how much the Savior loves you and wants your happiness.

I hope you have a great week! Pray that Sister Beck and I can stay together for one more transfer! (unlikely but I'd be awesome) Whatever happens I know that the Lord has a plan for me!

EU TE AMO! 
Sister Schwitters

Vera came down to our area and we got pizza for her birthday! 





Feeling all official using the computer in the bispado! 





The crazy fog of Sao Bernardo. There's a whole city down there that you can't see.

 
 


WALTER'S BAPTISM! 




A better one.


 


My photo with the Brentwood press! 
 
 
 


Our Angel Vera gave us a ride so we didn't' have to take the bus!


 


Me and my wonderful companion at the Temple



 

 Family Night!

 
 
 

Eating lunch in Sao Paulo when I went to the dentist! No I don't have any cavities but my wisdom teeth are giving me trouble! I told you mom!!!
 
 


Getting ready for the show de talentos!
 
 


Scary....


 
 
 
Caio who received his mission call this week performed the baptism





BATISMO DE LEO!!! :D





Special ladies




 My beautiful companion! ;) haha

 
 
 

Jonatas our ward mission leader performed the baptism for him. It was a great baptism!
 
 


Everyone after the baptism!



 
We can never have a perfect photo!
 
 
 


Excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment