Monday, November 25, 2013

General Conference

So its been an exccellent week! Mostly because I loved conference and I get so excited when it comes! It just goes by so fast! Why cant it be a whole week! I was definiltly missing hashbrowns and eggs with the family (I even told sister beck how at that very moment you guys were probably eating a wonderful breakfast! haha) But thats besides the point! I was able to watch two of the sessions in English and the others in portugues. My dear companion sat through them in english for me. (She does speak a little but it was for sure a sacrifice and I am greatful!) I learned so much! There were quite a few that I would call favorites but Ill just name a few things that I learned. The first one I loved was by Elder Soares. He spoke about exactly what I have been studying and thinking about this last transfer. It really helped me know what I need to do to be more Christlike and on the road to perfection. Totally loved President Uchtdorfs talk too. He just always speaks with so much love and really understanding I just want to give him a hug! It helps me to know what I can do better. One That I really liked also was from Elder Dube I thought he had a lot of great insites especially for me personally serving a mission and how I want to give my ALL to what I am doing. 

I really feel like there were so many things in every session that touched me. I thought Elder Ballards talk was amazing too. There were quite a few that talked about missioanry work which obviously got me excited! We really need the help of the members and conference was just another example of the Lord hastening His work and we all need to work together to do it! 

I am so greatful for the opportunity we have to hear from our prophet and his apotles twice a year. It just helps me be a better member of the church, a better diciple of Jesus Christ, and a better person in general. I know that They are all called of God and receive revelation for the church and lead and guide us according to that revelation. I hope we can all take some time to evaluate what we heard and that we can do what we need to change in our lives to become BETTER! :)

So other then conference it was a pretty normal week we are excited becuase we had quite a few investigators accept baptism and some we have been working with for a long time so its kinda a big deal. Now we just need to get them married, start living the word of wisdom and theyll be good to go! Its a long road still but I have alot of hope. Everyone is really working hard to change and be better. Its not easy but I know that they can do it with faith in the Lord. Oh! Another fun this we did this week was Sister Beck and I recorded some music with our LMA. It was fun, with sister beck on the flute and some other arrangements. He said he'll burn a CD so maybe ill send it to you! 

Well finally the news of the day TRANSFERS.... So unfotunatly Sister Beck and I will not be staying together as companions in Ala 5...But theres a good side! We WILL be serving together as Training Sisters!!! We are going to stay in the same zone (She is going to another ward) so it will be easy for us to do divisions and visit the other sisters. This is the calling I was supposed to recieve last transfer but becuase of some changes that needed to be made It didnt happen but I am having the opportunity now! I am so excited to be able to share this experience with Sister Beck. Our 2 transfers together have really been amazing. I have grown so much training her and I hope that I have prepared her for whats next! Im really proud of her and we are going to have so many more wonderful experiences together! :) 

Oh and I will be training again so a new missionary will be joining me here in the ward. She could be brasillian, american, mexican, nicaragan(a person from nicaragua...) and tons of other countries! Im excited, I hope she will like me and that we can do great things together! 

I love you all and hope that you are having a great week. I hope you are always looking for opportunities to share the gospel! :)

LOVE YOU!!

Sister Schwitters

               São Bernardo Zone!! :)



                        Sisters!!!



                      We be cool!! 



          Eating churros with one of our           
       members who went out to teach 
                 with us! Yummmm!!




        Excited cuz its PDAY!! WOO


No comments:

Post a Comment