Monday, January 20, 2014

Happy New Year!

Well we have been having a great week!! Transfers passed and we were happy to stay together but now we are excited to report that we are in Trio!! Woo! We are already having tons of fun! Our new companions name is Sister Jeronymo! She is actually from Mauá a city next to ours so she will just be serving a mission corto praso (just one transfer) she wants to serve a full time mission but has a few problems with her knees so they want her to have a testing period to see if they would be okay and until now she is doing great! We are confident that she will be out on a mission in no time. Its also nice to have a brasiliian around to help us with our portugues when we dont know a word haha She has such a special spirit too, this whole week our lessons have been awesome! We really feel that we are going to see many miracles this transfer!

Tueday night was new years eve! That was fun... The members that we kinda live with had a few people over and made yummy food unfortunatly it wasnt ready by the time that we had to be inside so she passed us food through the window! haha Pretty much the essence of New Years in Brasil is Churrasco (BBQ) and Fireworks! haha When midnight came as we were attempting to sleep it was pretty much a half hour of nonstop fireworks. It started to just sound like buzzing! haha but by 1:00 we were able to fall back asleep. I think it would have been fun if we weren't missionaries and could have stayed up and slept in the next day! ahah I'll have to return sometime to experince it for real.

It is so weird that 2013 has come to an end, It has been an amazing year, weird to think I spent the whole thing on my mission but what a blessing it has been. I have been doing quite a bit of reflecting these past few weeks. About all that I've  done this past year and also all that I want to do in these next six months and when I get back from my misson. (Don't  worry I'm not trunky yet! haha) But I have set many good goals that I am excited to put in practice. Its going to be a year of much growth and changes! :D I hope you all have the same opportunities!

As for our teaching goes we have quite a few families and people wonderful that we are teaching right now! We just need to get them to come to church. It is so important not only for us to learn more about the church but also because of the special spirit and the strength we gain there! Every sunday is a treat and I have gained such a strong testimony on my mission of the importance of going to church for ALL 3 hours! haha It is so important for our spiritual safety!

That is about all the exciting things that have happened this week. We are just always looking for more opportunitues to find those prepared to hear the message of the Restoration! I hope you are all taking advantage of every opportunity you have to share the gospel with those around you!!

I love you and hope you have a great week! 
Com Amor,
Sister Schwitters


 We made cookies for our ward with a little message with a scripture on the back! It was fun and they tasted pretty good! 




CHRISTMAS PACKAGES! :) woo! Im very blessed! 




The million dollar package... I had to pay 191 reis ( about 81 dollars) to get it from the post office. That was a bummer but it really was a great package!! haha



Trying to "paint" my companion! haha



Our district! They were pretty awesome! 



Our zone "christmas tree" haha




The one present I was able to wrap this year. I really love wrapping presents so I went a little over board! haha It was for a white elephant in our zone. 



Sister Schooley and I on christmas eve. We walked around town with these on our heads all day! We got a few strange looks...haha




With Sister Cox! Shes awesome! 




Making the dessert brandi sent me for christmas eve dinner! They turned out yummy!!! 




ZONA SANTO ANDRÉ! yeah!




Christmas eve dinner!! Super delicous! Thank you D'Agustino family!!




New garb! woo! 




 FELIZ ANO NOVO! 




New years Churrasco! 



Celebrating new years eve at 9:00! yay!




After a long days work this is all we want to do! haha



One of the families that we LOVE that ive been visiting since I got here! They are moving to a different area so we had to say bye.. so sad!  We'll miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment