Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hot Beauty

So you wanna know what I've been doing this week?? MELTING!! haha No but really it has been so hot this past week, I'm finally learning what a brasilian summers like. And I'm in one of the milder areas! haha I Think the Lord definitely knew what he was doing when he sent me to São Paulo cuz I'm pretty sure I would die in the northern part of Brasil! But we've just been trying to stick it out and not complain too much! Apart from the heat we've actually been pretty blessed this past week. We found a Less Active member who actually came to church on her own who we are trying to help. They are an adorable little family and I really think we can help them come closer to Christ. I really enjoy helping people come back to church because you can help them remember the good feelings they had when they were baptised and help them feel the love of Heavenly Father in their lives. It is a wonderful blessing! :)

We have been working really hard this week and have actually been seeing a lot of good things happen because of it. We have quite a few investigators who are progressing which is awesome. The mission is making some changes that we think will help our investigators become truly converted instead of just baptised so they wont fall away. I think its really good and although our numbers will be low to start I think it will make a different in the quality of our baptisms. We are just always looking to improve and see how we can be a more effective and successful mission.

Something nice I was able to do this week was go on a division with Sister Reis in another area. It was nice becuase not only did I get to learn from a wonderful missionary but I got to go to a super calm and green area!! It was so nice to be away from the city for a day. It was more how I imagined brasil to be I absolutly loved it. Im hopeing maybe thatll be my next area it just has alot of hills which is a bummer but the Lord knows where I need to be. 

I am so grateful for the opportunity to see the Lord working miracles in the lives of those around me and in myself. I love the Savior and strive everyday to be a better representative and servant of Him. I hope we can all ponder how we our representing the Lord and what we can do to better honor him and his name which we hold as members of the Church of Jesus Cristo of Latter Day Saints. I love you all and know that every person we meet we can help and can help us grow closer to our Heavenly Father. I hope you have a wonderful week you are always in my prayers!!

Com muito Amor,
SIster Schwitters


SO MUCH GREEN!! This is south america!!



 Our Party Trio!!! Sister Jeronymo and Sister Schooley!



The interesting bugs of Brasil!! 



I want to live in the trees! ;) haha



This is how I imagined brasil and I loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment