Monday, February 3, 2014

Hot Hott Hotttttttttt!!!!!!!!!

So this may or may not be short becuase the computer I'm currently using is being really slow and is making me crazy!! But apart from that this week has been awesome! We worked really hard and had alot of little miracles happen! The only bummer thing this week is that it has been SUPER hot! Like the hottest summer they've had here in years! And of course its the one that I'm here as a missionary... but we are just trying to drink lots of water and not die! President changed our study times so that we go out in the morning when it's a little cooler and then after lunch when its at its hottest we can stay inside studying. Gotta have healthy missionaries! 

So one of the goals we were working on this week was talking to more people in the street so we could find new investigators. To make it more exciting we made a game out of it. We each had a word that we had to use in all of our conversas. It was pretty entertaining. Some of my words were Ice Cream, shoe and plant. It was interesting to fit them into gospel topics! But it made doing conversas, somehting I'm not the best at, more fun and I was more excited to do them. And it did provide some new investigators which is always important. 

Also this week our district leader and his companion came to our area to work with us and help us out. At first I wasa little  wearly just because that would mean 5 missionaries going up to someones door which just kinda makes us look like a cult but it actually turned out really well! We met this woman who was a reference we recieved from missionaries in another area. We taught her about the restoration and she accepted our invitation to be baptised. I probably wont be here when that moment comes but it was just nice to hear someone who was willing to make a change in their life. Our area had been bringing me down a little bit because we had almost all our investigators let us go, and then just when I needed it the Lord put an elect in our path. 

I know that the Lord is guiding this work and although sometimes it may be really hard and we may feel like we aren't doing anything we are making a diference. We are the Lord's army and whether I am bringing people to baptism or just planting seed of truth in their hearts for someone else to harvest, it is the same. As long as I am doing my best I know the Lord is pleased with my efforts! :)

On a more fun note our companionship or trio is awesome! Even though we only have 3 weeks together we are livin up every moment. We laugh like nobodys business which makes being a missionary alot easier. I once heard someone say If you're not having fun on your mission your doing something wrong! Its so true and I do all that I can to keep a blaance. 

Well I love you all and pray that it cools down this week so that I don't die and I hope that you are always looking for opportunities to share the gospel with those around you! It is the greatest feeling in the world! Even if people don't accept your invitations! Just keep being an example!! LOVE YOU!!

Sister Schwitters

No comments:

Post a Comment