Saturday, February 1, 2014

Trios

Well this has been quite an interesting week! Very entertaining! I guess I mentioned it last week that  we lost Sister Jeronymo and gained Sister Robinson. Well pretty much the three of us have so much fun together. I dont think I've laughed as much in this past week as I have my entire mission! We may only be together 3 weeks but its going to be an awesome three weeks I can already tell. 

We have also had a few little miracles together. We found a menos ativo family that has a daughter who was never baptised and they actually have a desire to come back to church! We are so excited to teach her and they are just a really sweet family. They just appeared in our english class and then we went and visited them. We are also trying to be better about inviting people to be baptised. I know that people will never progress unless we ask them so I am feeling really good about the work we are doing this week. There is so much potential and we are working really hard to be able to have a baptism before the transfer ends becuase I'll probably go to another area seeing as I've already been here 3 transfers but you never know. We'll have to see what happens!! Anyways it has just been a really happy week! 

On tuesday we also have interviews with President Tanner. I love interviews it always makes me feel good and gives me a renewed excitment to be better! And President and Sister Tanner are just amazing. I know that I say it all the time but they really are just so loving and so willing to help us be better missionaries. I know that one of the reasons I was sent to this mission was for them. President gave me some good ideas of things that I can do in my area that were really helpful. This area has been a bit difficult but I know that there is potential here and as long as we work hard we will be able to find those prepared for us. This is such an exciting work and everytime I find someone willilng to listen to us it is so exciting that I can help them. I know I say it almost every week but its true! I just love being a missionary!!! :D

We get a weekly mission email and last week President said something that I really liked. He said that our mission is like a story and we should look at where we are in the story and where we want to go although clearly he said it a lot prettier than that. But with that and my interview I have been thinking a lot about what I want to acheive on my mission and how I want to end. In this time I have left I really want to do all that I can to see miracles and I know that they will come when I am working as hard as I can, being completly obedient, and recognizing his hand in all things. There are so many things that I want to become and the potential I want to fulful as a missionary and I know that the Lord will help me. I am focusing on dilligence. One Christlike attribute that I feel I need to work on. This is what will make me happy and feel like a successful missionary. I also know that it will make the Lord happy.

One last thing that has helped me a lot this week was remembering the Love that Heavenly Father has for me. That knowlegde is what helps me get through every hard moment. He is guiding me and lifting me when I am down. Helping me be a better person and missionary. I was reading President Monsons talk from the Relief Society Broadcast this week and this part really touched me. 

"My dear sisters (and brothers...haha) your Heavenly Father loves you - each of you. That love never changes. It is not influenced by your appearence, by your  possessions or by the amount of money in your bank account. It is not changed by your talents and abilities. It is simply there. It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God's love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there."

I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us and when we cling to that love and let it empower us we can do all things. I love you and thank you for all that you do for me and I hope that you all have a wonderful week full of love and happiness!!

Eu amo vocês!!

Sister Schwitters

No comments:

Post a Comment