Monday, March 10, 2014

Zone Conference legit

So pretty much this week was soo great! We made some good progress in our area, had an outstanding Zone Conference, and I studied some amazing things! Im feeling very spiritually uplifted and so grateful for the things that I am learning here on my mission. 

So on Wednesday we had our Zone Conference. It was one of the best zone conferences that I've had here on my mission. The leadership of the mission attended a meeting with Elder David F. Evans of the Seventy and alot of what they heard was passed to us in the conference. IT was a little bit trunky becuase we talked alot about life after the mission. Well more we talked about how our missions are our opportunidade to be converted. One of the things that was interesting was that Elder Evans asked why they thought President Monson changed the age for missionaries. Clearly I thought about finding more people growing the Lords kingdom. But more important then that is that we need more returned missionaries who will be building families on the principles that we learned here. That is what will make the true difference in building the Lords kingdom on the earth. Clearly the people we infulence here and the more baptisms are important but we cant forget about our own personal conversion. 

We also spoke alot about the importance of helping our investigators not only be baptised but then be headed towards the temple. Or enduring to the end! I know that thats whats most important and I hope to help people here make those special covenants in the Temple of the Lord. It was cool after the conference we were able to go home and teach 3 different families testifying of the blessings of having an eternal family! It was an amazing feeling to be able to put into practice the things that we learned that day. 

I have been studying many talks this week about missionary work! I used one of them in my talk that I was blessed to give in church on sunday. (yay!...) I hope that I was able to help the members feel a desire to be a part of this great work and really help us find those who are searching for the truth. 

There was a quote from one of the other talks that I loved:

"Just as with missionaries past and present, the Lord knows you and has a mission experience prepared for you. He knows your mission president and his wonderful wife, who will love you as their own children and who will seek inspiration and direction on your behalf. He knows each of your companions and what you will learn from them. He knows each area in which you will labor, the members you will meet, the people you will teachand the lives you will impact for eternity.

I know that this is true. I feel so blessed to be a part of Missão São Paulo Sul. There is no doubt in my mind that this is where I'm supposed to be and that the people I'm meeting here are helping me to become the person the Lord knows I can be. 

I hope that you all have a great week! Thanks so much for all your love and support! 

Com muito amor
Sister Schwitters


One of the girls in our ward Michele is leaving for a mission in Belo Horizonte, this was at her going away party.



My daughter and granddaughter! POSTERITY!



Minha querida filha!! 



Zone conference! Our sisters table! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment