Tuesday, April 8, 2014

General Conference!

Well this has been quite an inspiring week! On tuesday we got to go to the temple! It was so nice, I feel like it has been so long since I last went and it was a good preperation for general conference. I was a little sad because it might be my last time going before I leave but Im really hoping to be able to go on my last day here but we'll see what happens. I felt so much peace while I was there and it reminded me once again of the importance of the covanents we make that will help us return to live with Heavenly Father and have our families para sempre. I am so very grateful for that. The rest of our week was busy with this and that but finally came the momentI've  been waiting for for so long! GENERAL CONFERNCE! I dont know what it is but conference just seems better when you are a missionary. Maybe its the spirit we have with us or our level of worthiness but it really was a special conference. I dont think I've ever felt so personally talked to in a previously watched conference. I think part of it was the fact that I prepared more then I ever have and it really paid off. I hope that this can continue as I grow in the gospel. I just love confernece so much and feel so blessed to have the opportunity.

Thankfully I was able to watch in Ingles and it was so nice. We just watched the first hour of the first session in portugues so it wasn't too bad. One thing that really stood out to me was something that President Uchtdorf said. I have been pretty sad and nervous lately about my mission coming to an end. Dont get me wrong I'm excited to see my family and friends but I'm not ready for the moment of my life to be over. President Uchtorf said something that really calmed me. "There are no true endings, only everylasting beginnings." That was such a tender mercy to me and made me realize that this isnt the end. Its the beginning of something new. That statement and really conference as a whole got me more excited for the future. There is so much ahead of me and every chapter is just a preperation for the next. I am going to do all that I can to make the most of these last 2 months that I have on my mission so that I can truly be prepared for whats next. 

One of the general themes I thought of conference was LOVE. Having love for thoes around us, love for God, and love for ourselves. Its that love that leads us to do whats right. I am definitly going to try and let love and charity continue to lead my actions. I know that it will make me a better person and a more converted disciple of Jesus Christ. I hope you all were able to learn something new from confernece and see what kind of changes you need to make in your lives. This conference led me to alot of self evaluation and I hope that I can make the changes nessesary to become who Heavenly Father knows I can be. Each and every one of us has a potential that we cant fully comprehend and following the guidance of our Prophet and his Apostles will help us come closer to that.

I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week! I am continuing on in my journey here and know that although it will come to an end it will always make a difference in my life! 

EU AMO VOCÊS COM TODO MEU CORAÇÃO! 

Sister Schwitters

P.S. did anyone realize who was called to be the 1st counselor in the Sunday School General Presidnecy??? Yes, My dear Presidente John S. Tanner! Pretty legit! He's an AMAZING man and will be awesome! 


Some of the Sister Training Leaders being weird...haha



Sister Beck and I at Mission leadership council! Miss her!



Eating Yakisoba (chowmein I think...haha) on a division!



Me and Sister Cañas! Shes super sweet we had a good time on our division and learned alot! 



Me and Sister Davis! I never get to see her anymore so it was fun!



General Conference! Saturday session! SOOO GOOD! 



Elders always trying to jump in the sisters fotos! haha



At the doors :)



The São Paulo Temple really is beautiful! 



Temple day with my dear SIster Moura!



Chillin with Giovana and Livia waiting for lunch to be ready! :) Love these girls!



Oh Mateus! This kid is just too much!



Most of our zone after confrence! CLEARLY im the only american! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment