Monday, July 15, 2013

98 New Missionaries

So today our mission officially split!! It's sad but at the same time exciting because it feels like a new beginning! We had a mission conference on Wednesday with the missionaries in São Paulo and the ABC, which as of today is our whole mission. It was a little weird just 114 missionaries in the second smallest mission in the world next to temple square! But exciting things are happening. With the changes to missionary work in general and the changes we want to make in our new mission! One thing President Tanner talked a lot about was how all these changes (things we learned from the broadcast) mostly are not new principles but new emphasis. Like our mission, it may still be São Paulo Sul but with new limits and a new outlook! It really is an exciting time to be a missionary and I love being a part of it! In the next 3 transfers we will be getting 98 new missionaries (If they all get their visas) 40 of them sisters! We will only be loosing 26 so we are growing fast with missionaries and shrinking with areas! haha I'm sure you are already seeing it in the states with more then one set of missionaries in a ward! That will definitely start happening here soon! He also stressed a lot how we need to work hard and be examples for these new missionaries, a lot of them being younger. We are really setting the standard high and making changes in how we as a mission set goals and how we work!
 
In my area Sister Laura and I have been working hard! Trying to find those people who are ready to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ! We've been seeing little miracles everyday and I know that if we are diligent we can make a big difference in the ward this transfer. I am really learning a lot! I have been blessed with great Zone Leaders and District Leaders who have taught me a lot and helped me learn how to be a better missionary! Our mission is powerful and I know that we are the best mission in the world! ;)
 
Thank you for all the support and love! Keep the prayers coming that we can find new people to teach and I hope you all have a great week and look for the miracles in your lives everyday! Especially in the times that are difficult. That's when we seem to forget the good because all we can see is what's not going right. I'm so grateful to have a loving Heavenly Father that blesses me everyday and you too!!
 
A Igreja é verdadeira! Eu sou MUITO grato por meu opportunidade ser uma missionaria e não posso imaginar fazendo uma coisa differente a este tempo! Obrigada por tudo que vocês fazem por mim! Realmente eu sinto sua amor cada dia! Deus nos ama! Jesus Cristo é nosso salvador! E TODOS nos são importantes por eles! D&C 18!
 
EU TE AMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment