Tuesday, December 11, 2012

And she's off!

Well what a great weekend it has been! The past 2 days have been filled with so much love and sentiment. On sunday I had the privilage of speaking in not only my home ward but also my YSA ward. I thought that both went pretty well (at least for planning them 2 hours before church... haha classic shaelie the winger!) But the highlight of the day for me had to be when my friends and ward family got up and sang one of my favorite songs, Come Thou Fount. It was so touch and loving I couldnt help but cry the moment they stood up! and it continued about through the whole of my talk! haha but It was just so wonderful and I am so grateful for that. It truely was the best gift they could have given me! :)

That night was also my open house. Again I was overwhelmed but the outpouring of love that I felt. I am so thankful for everyone who was able to stop by and say hello! I know that I will be blessed on my mission becuase of all the people here at home praying for my. I am so lucky to have so many awesome friends and family who have always been there for me and supported me! So thank you for helping get me to where I am today.

And finally tonight I was officially set apart as a missionary! Wow! What a special experience that was! I am again so fortunate to have a wonderful Stake President who gave me such a beautiful blessing and the words of family members who love me was so uplifting! I am heading off with more confidence becuase of he powerful words and testimonies given. I know that this is what I am supposed to be doing. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the right path for me. I love this gospel and this church so much I cannot wait to share it with the people of Brazil!! On my facebook will be posted my address so be sure to write me so that I can know how everyone is doing! Your stories and experiences will help me as I teach others so dont be bashful!!

To end I just want to share the testimony that I read during my talk in my home ward. Although this was written over 2 years ago everything in it is still 100% true and I couldnt put it better any other way! I Love you all and thank you so so much for all the love and support! :)

"It is the 3rd of October 2010 and I am sitting in the Sacred Grove in Palmyra, New York. It was in this place that a young Joseph Smith got on his knees and prayed that he would know what church to join. It was in this place that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ apeared to Joseph and told him what he was to do. And it is in this place that I will share my testimony. I know without a doubt in my heart that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints is the one and only true church on the earth today. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God sent to this earth to bring the gospel back to its inhabitants. I know that Thomas S. Monson and all those before him are latter day prophets and that they are inspired of God to teach us that which we should know. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that if we ready it prayerfully we will find truth and guidence in its pages. I have been inspired by the scriptures and have found answers I was searching for in them. I know that Jesus Christ my brother, Lord, and friend knows me personally and that he died so that I may be able to repent for my sins and live with him and our Heavenly Father for eternity. I know that the plan of salvation is true and through the knowledge of it I hvae found peace and guidance. I am so eternally greatful that I have been given such a wonderful family who loves me as the savior does and I know that through rightousness I will be able be with them in the Celestial Kingdom. I am filled with love as I think of all that has been sacrificed so that I may know all that I have written here today and I know that I will one day be able to repay all those who helped me gain this testimony. Again I know with all my being that this is the true and everlasting Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And it is in Him that I come to know all that I am and can be. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen."

Shaelie Schwitters

No comments:

Post a Comment