Thursday, December 13, 2012
Big Red Suitcase
Sister Schwitters entering the Provo MTC, 1:00pm, December 12, 2012. You can't miss that big red suitcase. No tears... just smiles. And anxiety. This is Brandi by the way (her sister). I'll be keeping her blog up. I will mostly be posting her letters on here and any pictures she sends. But occasionally you'll get an editorial from me :-)
Shaelie had a fantastic little farewell. Her talks (in both the Brentwood 1st Ward and YSA Ward) were just fabulous. If you're reading this, chances are you know Shaelie pretty well, so I don't have to tell you how unbelievably unique and powerful Shaelie and her spirit are. She is just amazing. There is no other way to put it. She was set apart on Monday evening at the Rio Grande building in Antioch. We went out for her choice, Chef Chens, as a family with a few friends. Everyone there in the room when she got set apart shared a few thoughts and their testimony. She left on the road with mom and dad early Tuesday morning headed for Provo. She was supposed to enter the Brazil MTC, but her visa has yet to come. They stayed at our brothers house and went out to Tucanos Brazillian Grille for her last dinner out. Before going into the MTC, a Cafe Rio stop was a must! I talked to her on the phone about 15 minutes before she went in. I asked her... "Are you nervous?" Her reply: "Heck ya! I feel like I'm going to throw up. I've felt like I'm going to throw up all day. I know as soon as I get through this first day, I'll be all good. Its just the unknown."
So there you go! She is officially checked in and able to receive letters! So don't forget to write!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment