Usually Shaelie will write a letter directly for me to post on the blog, but her first few days were too busy, so she only had time to write a few personal letters to family. I am going to share some parts of the letter she wrote me. Enjoy!
Saturday December 15, 2012
"So, I have to tell you everything about the first day?! haha It was pretty overwhelming but still awesome! When I left mom and dad an elder took my luggage and I went and got my name tag, room key, and all that jazz, then I met up with a sister who went with me to pick up all my materials. We dropped my stuff off then headed to my classroom. My teacher immediately started speaking portuguese! From the moment I walked in the door they didn't speak English for the next two hours! It was pretty crazy! She speaks a little bit now, but for the most part she only uses Portuguese! We met the MTC Presidency, they're awesome, had a little teaching experience where we all taught an investegator together as a group. Then we met some people from our branch and our coordinating sister. There was a lot that happened that day. The last few have been much better. I'm learning a lot of Portuguese. Last night my companion and I had to teach our first "investegator" in the language! That was SO SCARY! We totally sucked and couldn't understand anything he was saying, but I guess everyone does bad so its okay. :-)
My companion's name is Sister Davis. She is awesome. We get along really well! She is from Lancaster and is an awesome missionary! I love her already! In our district we have three sister comps and two elder comps (although one is a trio), so there are 11 of us total. All of us sisters share a room and everyone is way cool. We are all really easy going.
My favorite part about the MTC is probably the teachers. They are so awesome! The worst part is for sure the showers! They totally suck. The building we live in is like under construction so its got like wires coming out of the ceiling and stuff. Its pretty ghetto! haha
It feels pretty Christmasy here! They have lights up everywhere and its currently snowing, so thats pretty fun! If you want to send me email, you have to send it to shaelie.schwitters@myldsmail.com. I can't use any others. Keep the letters coming! Love you all!"
Sister Schwitters
No comments:
Post a Comment